Can't uninstall Power Toys

Reported
Anonymous
2023-06-02T22:03:29+00:00

I had trouble updating Power Toys, so I downloaded the installer. The installer won't work because Power Toys is already installed. However, it doesn't show up in my app list, so an uninstaller can't find it. I tried to restore the system from a disc image, but that didn't even get started. How can I get out of this situation?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T11:49:36+00:00

    Hi, Roger. To execute the script, please open Powershell console, next type CD desktop and press enter. Now the cursor is on desktop. Type .\cleanup_tool.ps1 and press enter.

    This procedure must remove PowerToys information.

    Let me know if you need anything else, please.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T01:21:53+00:00

    I think I've downloaded the file to my desktop; how do I run it in PowerShell?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T01:06:42+00:00

    Exactly (step by step) do I download the file? Copy and paste doesn't work, and my downloader won't download it.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T00:48:41+00:00

    Thanks, Roger. I recommend this PowerShell script instead CCleaner.

    https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/tree/mai...

    Download the ps1 file and running from PowerShell, please.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T00:44:24+00:00

    Content removed, but the installer still detects traces. I'll run my cleaning software (CCleaner, etc) and see what happens.

    0 comments No comments