Can't uninstall Power Toys

Reported
Anonymous
2023-06-02T22:03:29+00:00

I had trouble updating Power Toys, so I downloaded the installer. The installer won't work because Power Toys is already installed. However, it doesn't show up in my app list, so an uninstaller can't find it. I tried to restore the system from a disc image, but that didn't even get started. How can I get out of this situation?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-05T22:54:05+00:00

    Here you go:

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-05T22:15:39+00:00

    Hi, Roger. Which error are you getting to run the "Powershell" link?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-05T19:17:59+00:00

    I changed the owner of powershell.exe and deleted it. I changed the owner of powershell_copy.exe and changed its name to powershell.exe. Now, the"powershell(admin)" link works, but the "Powershell" link doesn't. Now what do I do?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-05T11:20:46+00:00

    Hello, Roger. Let's try this method. Please right click in the PowerShell file and select properties. Next select the Security tab, then click in the Advanced button. Locate Owner field and select Change. In the box, type your username, select Check name then click in the ok button on every opened window from the file properties. Now you will be able to remove the file. Repeat those steps over the copy file to avoid any issue during the renaming process.

    If you need anything else, please let me know.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-05T09:27:25+00:00

    No luck. I'm also trying to do an in-place reinstall, but I'm having problems getting to the page where I can do it.

    Image

    0 comments No comments