Can't uninstall Power Toys

Reported
Anonymous
2023-06-02T22:03:29+00:00

I had trouble updating Power Toys, so I downloaded the installer. The installer won't work because Power Toys is already installed. However, it doesn't show up in my app list, so an uninstaller can't find it. I tried to restore the system from a disc image, but that didn't even get started. How can I get out of this situation?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T00:21:52+00:00

    Thanks for your feedback, Roger. Please run again only this command to verify if the app is not listed on the repository Get-AppXPackage *PowerToys*. If the app is not listed, go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\PowerToys\ and remove their content.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-02T22:48:59+00:00

    Hi, Roger. I'll be happy to assist you today.

    Sorry to know you're experiencing this issue while uninstalling PowerToys.

    If the app was installed from Microsoft Store, please use the following method to uninstall it. Open PowerShell and paste the following commands:

    Get-AppXPackage *PowerToys* | Reset-AppxPackage

    Get-AppXPackage *PowerToys* | Remove-Appxpackage

    After that, the app must be removed. If you need anything else or this procedure doesn't fix the issue, please let me know.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T01:21:53+00:00

    I think I've downloaded the file to my desktop; how do I run it in PowerShell?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T00:44:24+00:00

    Content removed, but the installer still detects traces. I'll run my cleaning software (CCleaner, etc) and see what happens.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-02T23:37:56+00:00

    JoseBeltre, PowerShell did not recognize the "Reset-AppxPackage" in the first command. The second command ran, but the installer still detects the old version. What next?

    0 comments No comments