I had the same issue and tried pretty much everything. Noticed that when it is happening the NZXT Cam software cpu usage is spiking. So I closed the NZXT Cam software down and so far haven’t had the issue anymore. Hope this helps.
Random stuck / lag in keyboard when playing online
My question is almost identical to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-stuck-lag-in-keyboard-when-playing-online/82b20e72-f5c6-456f-96c0-050e7470095d
except I am using a wired keyboard and having the same input delays.
Random stuck / lag in keyboard when playing online
Hi, I'm desperately opening this thread hoping that someone can help with an annoying problem that I've been experiencing since I bought my new PC. I've found more people on the internet experiencing similar issues so I think this is not exclusive to me, but the problem was never solved. I've done my best to gather as many info as I can to describe the problem properly.
This happens between games such as Overwatch, Valorant ect.
Problem description: I randomly experience a weird lag with keyboard response. This happens with all the keys that involve character actions: W, A, S, D, Ctrl, Spacebar... After some time playing with no issues, keys start getting stuck experiencing a weird, random lag. It can be half a second, or even more than 10 seconds, not a regular thing. To better describe the issue, here's a tedious example:
I keep "W" pressed > Character walks for 3 seconds > Character stops for 1 second > Character starts moving again > He stops again > I stop pressing "W" > Characters stays still > He starts walking again (not because I pressed "W" again, but because the system "remembers" I was pressing "W" for a while after the character stopped) > He stops again > I press "W" and "spacebar" > Character stays still > Character suddenly walks and jump (system remembers that I pressed "W" and "space" a while ago) > Etc.
This happens in a completely random way. Sometimes I play for hours with no issues, sometimes it appears after playing for a while, and sometimes it happens from the beginning. It can last just a few minutes, or it just don't disappear so I have to stop playing for good.
When the problem is happening, it's important to say that mouse keep working perfectly, I can even shoot and kill other players in perfect real time –I've tested it many times, even playing with friends just to make sure–. That's why I know it's not just an internet lag issue.
Other interesting thing is that he "Esc" key, which is used to open the game menu, keeps working perfectly. So it seems that the problem only affects to the keys that involve multiplayer/online functions. Also, if I minimize the game and open any word processor, keys work perfectly.
If I tab out of the game and go to type anywhere the keyboard has no issues. It seems to be load related at times, ie. If I am streaming on discord or watching a video and try playing a game on a different monitor it is bad but if I close everything but the game I am playing it happens much less.
I've been trying all the next things. with no success:
- Restarting PC and the game.
- Trying with a different keyboard.
- Changing the USB to a different port
- Increasing and reducing character speed and delay in "Keyboard properties".
- Restarting the computer in a "clean way" (disabling as many services and tasks as possible).
- Updating drivers of keyboard, motherboard, processor...
- Updating Windows.
- Making sure to be malware free, anyway I started experiencing the problem even when just Steam was installed, no other software or downloads at all.
- Disabling the power saving option in as many hardware and USB ports as possible.
Now my PC specs:
OS: Windows 10 Pro OS Build: 19045.3448 Version: 22H2
Processor: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K, 3000 Mhz, 24 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
Graphic card: Name NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB)
Hard drive: 931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T2B0B-00YS70 (SATA (SSD))
1863GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB (Unknown (SSD))
931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Unknown (SSD))
Motherboard: Asus Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7D91) (U3E1)
I would be infinitely grateful for any suggestion or idea of whats happening.
Let it be noted that I was experiencing this issue before and with an entirely new build including; new windows install, new motherboard, new cpu, new psu, new gpu, new ram, I am still experiencing the issue.
Thanks in advance!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-12-09T07:46:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-02-12T09:28:43+00:00 To the Spanish Community:
El problema principal de esto es cuando optimizamos los núcleos de la CPU, estuve con una segunda pantalla comprobando esto, resultó ser un Game Optimizer similar al Norton 360 for Gamers.
Recomiendo que desactiven cualquier optimizador de juegos que tengan en su computadora.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The main problem with this is when we optimize the CPU cores, I was with a second screen checking this, it turned out to be a Game Optimizer similar to Norton 360 for Gamers.
I recommend that you disable any game optimizer you have on your computer.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-24T13:42:36+00:00 no problem
-
Anonymous
2024-01-12T22:36:12+00:00 Hey, I had the same issue a minute ago.
I tried everything just like you, it didn't work.
I tried to reset my pc while keeping files, didn't work.
Answer: reset you're pc without keeping you're files.
That did the job for me.
If I get the issue again you will see me here.
(Sorry for my bad English)
-
Anonymous
2024-04-02T06:51:43+00:00 Yes!
I upgraded the power of my PSU, I went from a 600W to a 750W and my pc works super fine now and no problems. I guess my gpu was taking all of my power that there was barely power left to run the motherboard things like cpu so it would give out.