Windows 11 its not there.
Turn off tablet mode on windows 11
Hi guys, I simply need to turn off the Tablet mode. I have found that Windows has removed that setting in the switch to Windows 11.. Ok I nice when things are intuative and so... but I simply need a way to switch it off. So many times it happens that I slightly shake with the laptop and it starts crazily switching between tablet and normal mode... So I can not use the laptop for some time, the keybord keeps disconecting, icons are disappearion, douchpad disabeling... I spend so much time uselesly moving my screen up and down... people around must be thinking that I am an idiot trying to make a fan from my laptop in this heat... Somewhere I found that I can switch off rotation lock... but guess what.. it is disabled and grey in my settings... when I ask for help, the laptop shows me an easy way to switch the tablet mode in the action centre... great job windows... only that the help shows settings for Windows 10.. I have 11.... Any other idea to solve this problem then buying a MAC??
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-09-27T16:49:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-09-19T10:25:52+00:00 I'm adding a interesting piece of information that may help in solving this issue.
I just installed Windows 11 on a new laptop (X1 Nano, not tablet, not touch screen) and signed in with my microsoft account.
The same account is used on another laptop (Lenovo Yoga, touch screen, tabled mode enabled).
What I get?
Windows Explorer checkboxes are enabled and there's no way to disable them (options, folder options, registry edits). So it seems there's some setting in the windows user that are overriding all the local laptop windows settings.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-08-25T06:38:50+00:00 I have a 360 laptop and sometimes I need to connect to a monitor then the original screen is obsolete, I wish I can convert the laptop and only use its keyboard and touchpad, that would be very convenient.