unfortunately no other solution worked :(.. try to switch of the sensor.. someone wrote me the instruction down in this threat.. however since then the computer did randomly, without flipping my screen.. and the only solution was to restart the computer... but it only happened like once a week (mostly in the middle of something important... though... like if Microsoft knew when I do important things and when I am just surfing the internet for fun... :(
Turn off tablet mode on windows 11
Hi guys, I simply need to turn off the Tablet mode. I have found that Windows has removed that setting in the switch to Windows 11.. Ok I nice when things are intuative and so... but I simply need a way to switch it off. So many times it happens that I slightly shake with the laptop and it starts crazily switching between tablet and normal mode... So I can not use the laptop for some time, the keybord keeps disconecting, icons are disappearion, douchpad disabeling... I spend so much time uselesly moving my screen up and down... people around must be thinking that I am an idiot trying to make a fan from my laptop in this heat... Somewhere I found that I can switch off rotation lock... but guess what.. it is disabled and grey in my settings... when I ask for help, the laptop shows me an easy way to switch the tablet mode in the action centre... great job windows... only that the help shows settings for Windows 10.. I have 11.... Any other idea to solve this problem then buying a MAC??
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-05-29T19:19:01+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-05-14T14:09:30+00:00 Restart in tablet, swith screen back whilr restarting, the restart then configures to keyboard mode.
-
Anonymous
2024-04-23T15:30:00+00:00 Kingggg thanks a lot works for me
-
Anonymous
2024-04-03T06:01:56+00:00 Ahhh Thank you very much Sam.
Disabled it, restarted and I've got keyboard / mouse function again!!Cheers!
--Nick
-
Anonymous
2024-02-02T04:37:05+00:00 Ah that's unfortunate. It might just be a HP thing, maybe there's another device that controls this dependent on the manufacturer.