Turn off tablet mode on windows 11

Anonymous
2023-08-10T22:35:50+00:00

Hi guys, I simply need to turn off the Tablet mode. I have found that Windows has removed that setting in the switch to Windows 11.. Ok I nice when things are intuative and so... but I simply need a way to switch it off. So many times it happens that I slightly shake with the laptop and it starts crazily switching between tablet and normal mode... So I can not use the laptop for some time, the keybord keeps disconecting, icons are disappearion, douchpad disabeling... I spend so much time uselesly moving my screen up and down... people around must be thinking that I am an idiot trying to make a fan from my laptop in this heat... Somewhere I found that I can switch off rotation lock... but guess what.. it is disabled and grey in my settings... when I ask for help, the laptop shows me an easy way to switch the tablet mode in the action centre... great job windows... only that the help shows settings for Windows 10.. I have 11.... Any other idea to solve this problem then buying a MAC??

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-02T12:26:18+00:00

    Anyway, this worked for me - regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl

    add DWORD key named ConvertibleSlateMode

    add value 1

    No more File Explorer checkboxes, no more virtual keyboard.

    You are my hero! I have a Wacom MobileStuido tablet that I prefer to use as a laptop. Under Windows 10, this wasn't a problem. But I finally bit the bullet and installed 11. 11, with no regards to my wishes, decided that since there is a touch screen and no attached keyboard, that CLEARLY I should be using this as a tablet.

    Zero regard for the end user's wishes. Thanks, MS...

    But thank YOU, Dragan, for restoring the actual functionality of my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T00:15:15+00:00

    Thank you! It took me 2 hours of wafting through various suggestions that did nothing until I found your post and about 10 seconds to fix the problem. It's frustrating when it clearly says "compact view" but nothing happens when you toggle it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T15:09:42+00:00

    Does anyone have a step-by-step on how to do this? I suck at computers

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T13:47:56+00:00

    I have the same problem, I have checked off optimisation of taskbar and change orientation settings like mentionned in multiple posts. Very disappointing behaviour

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T12:30:59+00:00

    There is no second screen. I’m talking about my laptop screen and laptop keyboard…

    That is consistent. Obviously my solution is not really a solution and in any case it may not work for everyone and in any case it won't work if you don't have a second screen.

    I think that covers it.

    Sorry it did not help you. Perhaps it is a clue for Microsoft or will help someone else until the problem is fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments