Turn off tablet mode on windows 11

Anonymous
2023-08-10T22:35:50+00:00

Hi guys, I simply need to turn off the Tablet mode. I have found that Windows has removed that setting in the switch to Windows 11.. Ok I nice when things are intuative and so... but I simply need a way to switch it off. So many times it happens that I slightly shake with the laptop and it starts crazily switching between tablet and normal mode... So I can not use the laptop for some time, the keybord keeps disconecting, icons are disappearion, douchpad disabeling... I spend so much time uselesly moving my screen up and down... people around must be thinking that I am an idiot trying to make a fan from my laptop in this heat... Somewhere I found that I can switch off rotation lock... but guess what.. it is disabled and grey in my settings... when I ask for help, the laptop shows me an easy way to switch the tablet mode in the action centre... great job windows... only that the help shows settings for Windows 10.. I have 11.... Any other idea to solve this problem then buying a MAC??

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-16T16:55:29+00:00

    One option on windows 11.

    Go to

    SETINGS - PERSONALIZATION -TASKBAR BEHAVIORS and uncheck "Optimeze taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet"

    It works for me.

    Jorge Naranjo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T14:37:04+00:00

    Ugh, mine already has a file called ConvertibleSlateMMode. When I switch it to 0, it resets to 1 on restart. Lame

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T04:35:25+00:00

    Worked great, thanks!

    I was on a Lenovo Slim 7i with the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-27T16:49:10+00:00

    Windows 11 its not there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments