Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also

Anonymous
2023-09-05T09:31:43+00:00

So when I start my pc the first time I open any txt file it opens all the recent txt files I have opened like from the day before then after I close them all and try to open again any txt file it opens the txt file and the most recent txt file also. I noticed this bug after i updated my windows 11 I don't know if that is the problem just saying, any advice is welcome.

Edit : (sorry forgot to mention that i use the default Microsoft notepad)

  • Thanks for your time.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-09-05T15:21:47+00:00

Have you already checked the settings in notepad? If not please follow the steps below.

-Open Notepad.

-Click on the "File" menu.

-Select "Options" or "Settings" (depending on your Windows version).

-In the "Preferences" or "Startup" tab, look for an option related to session or file restoration.

-Disable or uncheck the option that says something like "Restore previous session" or "Reopen files from the last session."

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T11:57:03+00:00

    many thanks yes -- and for me to bear in mind in future for Settings in apps

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T11:35:09+00:00

    actually notepad not showing the "Options" or "Settings"  options .

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T11:43:37+00:00

    I got the solution for that i

    1. opened a notepad(app setting from search-bar)
    2. from "reset" option i reseted the notepad

    It is worked to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T11:10:34+00:00

    No preferences or options listed under file or any other tab. I have this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments