Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also

Anonymous
2023-09-05T09:31:43+00:00

So when I start my pc the first time I open any txt file it opens all the recent txt files I have opened like from the day before then after I close them all and try to open again any txt file it opens the txt file and the most recent txt file also. I noticed this bug after i updated my windows 11 I don't know if that is the problem just saying, any advice is welcome.

Edit : (sorry forgot to mention that i use the default Microsoft notepad)

  • Thanks for your time.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-09-05T15:21:47+00:00

Have you already checked the settings in notepad? If not please follow the steps below.

-Open Notepad.

-Click on the "File" menu.

-Select "Options" or "Settings" (depending on your Windows version).

-In the "Preferences" or "Startup" tab, look for an option related to session or file restoration.

-Disable or uncheck the option that says something like "Restore previous session" or "Reopen files from the last session."

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-05T12:51:59+00:00

    Hi! Good day , Jerry here, an independent advisor. Here to help you.

    May I ask what is the text editor app you are using to open your txt files?

    you might also consider checking the following if you are using a 3rd party text editor.

    1. Depending on the text editor you are using, there may be an option to control whether the editor remembers and reopens previously opened files. Look for settings related to session or window management in the editor's preferences or options menu.
    2. Reset Default File Associations

    -Open the Control Panel.

    -Go to "Default Programs" or "Set Default Programs."

    -Find your preferred text editor (e.g., Notepad).

    -Choose "Set this program as default."

    If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to ask.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-05T13:56:30+00:00

    yeah its Microsoft's notepad

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-05T14:04:25+00:00

    Hi, Yeah I am using the default Microsoft notepad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments