Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also

Anonymous
2023-09-05T09:31:43+00:00

So when I start my pc the first time I open any txt file it opens all the recent txt files I have opened like from the day before then after I close them all and try to open again any txt file it opens the txt file and the most recent txt file also. I noticed this bug after i updated my windows 11 I don't know if that is the problem just saying, any advice is welcome.

Edit : (sorry forgot to mention that i use the default Microsoft notepad)

  • Thanks for your time.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-09-05T15:21:47+00:00

Have you already checked the settings in notepad? If not please follow the steps below.

-Open Notepad.

-Click on the "File" menu.

-Select "Options" or "Settings" (depending on your Windows version).

-In the "Preferences" or "Startup" tab, look for an option related to session or file restoration.

-Disable or uncheck the option that says something like "Restore previous session" or "Reopen files from the last session."

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T12:21:26+00:00

    as i have replied to others about how to do this i didnt need you to tell how me to do this . it looks like you just cc`d every one in you email. no matter i have allredy helped other privately. but its reasurring to know that all emails and replies are read and answered...keep the good work up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T10:02:34+00:00

    on windows 11 Notepad has not such an option. When you open the "File" window, "Options" or "Settings" are not present

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-20T19:48:08+00:00

    Yeah its so stupid, I thought I had a virus since it just started happening out of nowhere, took me a while to realize that it was opening the previous text file, since I deal with a lot of them. Windows was fine the way it was many years ago, everything **snip** is just making it worse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-20T19:45:09+00:00

    OH MY GOD !!! Thank you I thought I had a freakin virus or something thank you so much !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments