Do you have a third party Antivirus? if you only use Windows Defender, there is no need to disable it.
Help me get out of endless Automatic Repair doom loop!! Windows 11.
After a recent Windows update a few days ago my laptop stopped functioning. It's stuck in Windows 11 Automatic Repair mode doom loop (black screen). I can't boot it into safe Mode.. I can't access any settings. No matter what key combination I try pressing - nothing is working.. I don't have any bootable CDs. I'm super frustrated and need help!! Please provide easy steps to get out of this situation. Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-08-31T15:16:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-08-31T15:54:17+00:00 I have McAfee. Do I need to disable it? If yes, pls tell me how. Also, I tried sending you screen shots of me trying to burn an ISO DVD, but can't send them via this messaging system - maybe the files are too large..
-
Anonymous
2023-08-31T16:31:19+00:00 Please check the McAfee article in the link below on How to remove McAfee products from a Windows PC
https://www.mcafee.com/support/?articleId=TS101...
Kind regards,
John DeV
Independent Advisor
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
-
Anonymous
2023-08-31T18:44:39+00:00 I uninstalled McAfee, restarted my PC and tried burning a DVD and USB again... It's not working!!! I know you are very busy, but when you free up - could you pls check these links out? I think none of them work.. Also, my lap top came with Windows 8.1 installation CD. Can I somehow install the 8.1 Windows with it instead? I'm really tired... angry and frustrated.
-
Anonymous
2023-08-31T19:01:15+00:00 I just noticed that I somehow downloaded a file called mediacreationtool.exe
Is this the right file? I don't know why it got downloaded to my hard drive instead of a DVD/USB. What am I supposed to do with this file? Am I supposed to burn it on a DVD/USB now?