Help me get out of endless Automatic Repair doom loop!! Windows 11.

Anonymous
2023-08-30T15:52:45+00:00

After a recent Windows update a few days ago my laptop stopped functioning. It's stuck in Windows 11 Automatic Repair mode doom loop (black screen). I can't boot it into safe Mode.. I can't access any settings. No matter what key combination I try pressing - nothing is working.. I don't have any bootable CDs. I'm super frustrated and need help!! Please provide easy steps to get out of this situation. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-30T23:50:13+00:00

    I just tried creating a USB installation media. It doesn't work! When I click on Download nothing happens. It doesn't even give me the option of choosing the location of my Flash drive (where I want to download). I have two USB ports on my desktop PC. I'm super frustrated...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-30T21:38:20+00:00

    If burning a Windows 11 installation DVD doesn't work, please try creating an Installation media of Windows 11 using a USB flash drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-30T20:24:35+00:00

    Thank you John DeV.. but I don't think the links that you sent me are working! I tried burning a Windows 11 installation DVD and nothing happened.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-30T16:26:30+00:00

    Hi, good day! I'm John DeV a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    If most methods fail, you may need to consider performing a Clean Installation of Windows 11.

    Find another working computer then download the Media Creation tool (Click Download tool now). Use the tool to "Create installation media (USB flash drive at least 8GB in size) to install Windows 11". Instructions inside the link.

    Note: Please make sure to uncheck the "Use the recommended options for this PC" box.

    https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...

    Please try checking the link below for more details.

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/create-windows-11...

    If you want to retrieve your important files, Insert the USB Installation media into your computer. Please change the boot order in the Bios Settings. Boot your PC from the Installation Media you created.

    Click Repair your computer > Troubleshoot > Command prompt

    Type: notepad.exe

    Press Enter

    Click File, then Open

    This will open a Mini-Explorer that you can use to find folders or individual files that need to backup, right click the files to Send to USB flash drive.

    Kindly refer to the link below on How to perform a Clean Installation of Windows 11

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clean-install-win...

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments