Can you provide the exact make and model of your laptop? Are you using a Dell, HP or Lenovo device?
Help me get out of endless Automatic Repair doom loop!! Windows 11.
After a recent Windows update a few days ago my laptop stopped functioning. It's stuck in Windows 11 Automatic Repair mode doom loop (black screen). I can't boot it into safe Mode.. I can't access any settings. No matter what key combination I try pressing - nothing is working.. I don't have any bootable CDs. I'm super frustrated and need help!! Please provide easy steps to get out of this situation. Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2023-08-31T19:28:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-08-31T19:24:30+00:00 Could you pls teach me how to boot a broken lap top from a CD/DVD? I tried it and it didn't work.. It just goes straight to "Preparing Windows Repair" loop.. but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thank you
-
Anonymous
2023-08-31T19:15:48+00:00 If the laptop with the issue comes with a Windows 8.1 installation CD, yes you can install windows 8.1 with it instead.
I was just wondering if you forced to install Windows 11 on that laptop? Having Windows 8.1 usually does not meet the minimum hardware requirements to upgrade to Windows 11.
You should not burn this file directly to a DVD/USB but run it and follow the prompts.
-
Anonymous
2023-08-31T19:01:15+00:00 I just noticed that I somehow downloaded a file called mediacreationtool.exe
Is this the right file? I don't know why it got downloaded to my hard drive instead of a DVD/USB. What am I supposed to do with this file? Am I supposed to burn it on a DVD/USB now?