Dev Home (Peview)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T23:06:30+00:00

I see Microsoft is at it again... forcing new UNINSTALLABLE apps in the latest update (Sept 26/2023) to us... What the heck is Dev Home (Preview) and what does it do and how can you get rid of it???

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-09-27T11:46:24+00:00

If you had Dev Home (Preview) installed during the September 26/2023 update and don't want it...

I did a lot of seaching, I found a way to get rid of it...

A - To uninstall Dev Home Preview, you can follow the steps below:

Open the Settings app.

Click on Apps.

Scroll down and locate Dev Home Preview.

Click on it and select Uninstall.

B - If you are unable to uninstall Dev Home Preview using the above method, you can try using PowerShell to remove it. Here are the steps:

Open PowerShell (Terminal) as an administrator.

Type 

Get-AppxPackage *devhome* | Remove-AppxPackage

and press Enter.

This should remove Dev Home Preview from your device.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

B worked perfectly for me... doing that removed it from the Start Menu... Microsoft Store and Settings - Apps

How to uninstall Dev Home in Windows 11 - Your Windows Guide

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T19:07:08+00:00

    Thanks to Jack Smook for the fix. This type of system hijacking by Microsoft is pitiful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T12:52:23+00:00

    I see Microsoft is at it again... forcing new UNINSTALLABLE apps in the latest update (Sept 26/2023) to us... What the heck is Dev Home (Preview) and what does it do and how can you get rid of it???

    I have the same question. What in the heck is Dev Home (Preview)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T00:00:12+00:00

    Het helpt niet, komt iedere keer terug bij updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T23:25:22+00:00

    NOPE!!! Did not check the dev tool box nor did I check the app for malicious Russian script. All free!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments