Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 crashing on start up

Anonymous
2023-08-30T07:41:56+00:00

Hello,

I tried launching MSFS 2020 today on my PC but it crashes at the loading screen every time, regardless of safe mode or normal.

My drivers are up to date and my microsoft/xbox sign in details are correct.

Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti
Driver version 537.13
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
31.89 GB RAM

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T05:39:36+00:00

    EventData
    AppName FlightSimulator.exe
    AppVersion 1.37.19.0
    AppTimeStamp 00000000
    ModuleName VCRUNTIME140.dll
    ModuleVersion 14.40.33728.0
    ModuleTimeStamp f3e8e773
    ExceptionCode c0000005
    FaultingOffset 0000000000001031
    ProcessId 0x7b64
    ProcessCreationTime 0x1dae30b478d6dd1
    AppPath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
    ModulePath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.33728.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VCRUNTIME140.dll
    IntegratorReportId 2550525b-a59a-42a5-ba64-288e2e5c53b4
    PackageFullName Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PackageRelativeAppId App

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T20:40:10+00:00

    i disabled the openrx tool kit and all is fine again..

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T04:32:39+00:00

    i bought the game on steam . its not bringing up any error or what so ever about why its crushing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T14:07:07+00:00

    Thanks for this fix I spent hours trying to sort start up crash I just unticked MSFS in the VR tool box and that sorted it!

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-03T18:46:49+00:00

    It's because the software is a piece of garbage. I've had nothing but problems from the moment it was released. Anything from complete hardware shutdowns, to working flawlessly, to crashing to desktop on startup. ALL COMPLETELY RANDOM. So much fun. Can't wait for their new release so I can experience more problems :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments