Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 crashing on start up

Anonymous
2023-08-30T07:41:56+00:00

Hello,

I tried launching MSFS 2020 today on my PC but it crashes at the loading screen every time, regardless of safe mode or normal.

My drivers are up to date and my microsoft/xbox sign in details are correct.

Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti
Driver version 537.13
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
31.89 GB RAM

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T20:15:41+00:00

    Hello Amr,

    I have same issue. Game loads to 28 percent and then crashes. Error code is (0xc0000005) Since I have every module loaded in game not fleasable to uninstal and reinstall game again. This is my 6th reinstall. Before I write to you I have tried restarting my computer multiple times today. Google says I should check if my drivers are upto date. Which it is 24.4.3 AMD Addreline my computer specs are as follows:

    Asus Rog Strix AMD RX570 drivers 24.4.3

    Intel I9 11900

    Game was bought online from Microsoft Store

    Originally installed on Windows 10 64 bit upgraded to Windows 11 64 bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T20:52:51+00:00

    The only solution to fix my game from crashing is installing English voice in the speech settings, no other solution with game integrity or reinstalling won't help. The game relies on speech synthesis, so I think the game won't work if the basic language is not installed. That's crazy how many people have startup crashes by this, and Microsoft didn't fix this or ether provide a tutorial for this

    Select the Start button, then select Settings > Time & Language
    Go to Speech > Manage Voice
    Click on + Add voices
    In the search bar type "English"
    Install the English (United States) Language Pack

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-16T09:24:26+00:00

    The only solution to fix my game from crashing is installing English voice in the speech settings, no other solution with game integrity or reinstalling won't help. The game relies on speech synthesis, so I think the game won't work if the basic language is not installed. That's crazy how many people have startup crashes by this, and Microsoft didn't fix this or ether provide a tutorial for this

    Select the Start button, then select Settings > Time & Language
    Go to Speech > Manage Voice
    Click on + Add voices
    In the search bar type "English"
    Install the English (United States) Language Pack

    Finally! I'd tried everything else, and was on the verge of giving up after wasting a day trying everything else - thank you for the hint! I feel like this needs to be more widely known, it's not something everyone has installed, but it was vital for even starting the game.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-17T19:17:16+00:00

    It seems I already have the English (United States) Language Pack installed but it's not working. I tried to remove it but the remove button is grayed out. I then tried installing another language so I could try to remove and reinstall the English pack but every language pack I try just causes settings to close/crash. This is getting really frustrating, my son just really wants to play flight sim.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-25T16:33:50+00:00

    Same situation, tried all of the above, all drivers are up-to-date.

    The game launches, i click on an option (Training, etc), screen freezes for about 20 seconds or so, and full reboot occurs.

    Tried in-game safe mode, no difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments