i received a refund for this game, but i'll buy it again and try that, we'll see what happens
Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 crashing on start up
Hello,
I tried launching MSFS 2020 today on my PC but it crashes at the loading screen every time, regardless of safe mode or normal.
My drivers are up to date and my microsoft/xbox sign in details are correct.
Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti
Driver version 537.13
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
31.89 GB RAM
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-12-27T20:39:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-12-26T19:02:26+00:00 Same situation, tried all of the above, all drivers are up-to-date.
The game launches, i click on an option (Training, etc), screen freezes for about 20 seconds or so, and full reboot occurs.
Tried in-game safe mode, no difference.
I installed both English (US and UK) and it worked after that!
-
Anonymous
2023-12-25T16:33:50+00:00 Same situation, tried all of the above, all drivers are up-to-date.
The game launches, i click on an option (Training, etc), screen freezes for about 20 seconds or so, and full reboot occurs.
Tried in-game safe mode, no difference.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-17T19:17:16+00:00 It seems I already have the English (United States) Language Pack installed but it's not working. I tried to remove it but the remove button is grayed out. I then tried installing another language so I could try to remove and reinstall the English pack but every language pack I try just causes settings to close/crash. This is getting really frustrating, my son just really wants to play flight sim.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-16T09:24:26+00:00 The only solution to fix my game from crashing is installing English voice in the speech settings, no other solution with game integrity or reinstalling won't help. The game relies on speech synthesis, so I think the game won't work if the basic language is not installed. That's crazy how many people have startup crashes by this, and Microsoft didn't fix this or ether provide a tutorial for this
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Time & Language
Go to Speech > Manage Voice
Click on + Add voices
In the search bar type "English"
Install the English (United States) Language PackFinally! I'd tried everything else, and was on the verge of giving up after wasting a day trying everything else - thank you for the hint! I feel like this needs to be more widely known, it's not something everyone has installed, but it was vital for even starting the game.