Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 crashing on start up

Anonymous
2023-08-30T07:41:56+00:00

Hello,

I tried launching MSFS 2020 today on my PC but it crashes at the loading screen every time, regardless of safe mode or normal.

My drivers are up to date and my microsoft/xbox sign in details are correct.

Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti
Driver version 537.13
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
31.89 GB RAM

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T23:33:52+00:00

    I bought microsoft Flight Simulator direct on microsoft website years ago. Not on Xbox nor Steam.

    I start the game today and

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-05T18:57:46+00:00

    I'm having the exact same problem however I downloaded flight sim through Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-03T18:46:49+00:00

    It's because the software is a piece of garbage. I've had nothing but problems from the moment it was released. Anything from complete hardware shutdowns, to working flawlessly, to crashing to desktop on startup. ALL COMPLETELY RANDOM. So much fun. Can't wait for their new release so I can experience more problems :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T14:07:07+00:00

    Thanks for this fix I spent hours trying to sort start up crash I just unticked MSFS in the VR tool box and that sorted it!

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T04:32:39+00:00

    i bought the game on steam . its not bringing up any error or what so ever about why its crushing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments