Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 crashing on start up

Anonymous
2023-08-30T07:41:56+00:00

Hello,

I tried launching MSFS 2020 today on my PC but it crashes at the loading screen every time, regardless of safe mode or normal.

My drivers are up to date and my microsoft/xbox sign in details are correct.

Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti
Driver version 537.13
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
31.89 GB RAM

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T09:34:02+00:00

    did not work on my end installed English United States but MSFS still crashes on startup. This is such a shame, MS does not even care about the user experience but they have enough cash to invest 8bn in ChatGPT, great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-05T22:43:12+00:00

    This did the trick.

    I don´t know how i got here because the sim has been working on this PC flawlessly since launch and then all of a sudden out of the blue i got that problem.

    For now i just uninstalled OpenXR toolkit and it got working imediately

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T15:02:13+00:00

    I solved this problem. In my case I had to start the game in another pc(I used my friend pc) with the same Xbox account( you don’t need to install the full game but only the few GBs that allows you to open the game. once done I tried with my pc and it has always worked perfectly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T14:43:30+00:00

    Exact same behaviour here (with 4080 and 13900k)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T19:42:16+00:00

    The only solution to fix my game from crashing is installing English voice in the speech settings, no other solution with game integrity or reinstalling won't help. The game relies on speech synthesis, so I think the game won't work if the basic language is not installed. That's crazy how many people have startup crashes by this, and Microsoft didn't fix this or ether provide a tutorial for this

    Select the Start button, then select Settings > Time & Language
    Go to Speech > Manage Voice
    Click on + Add voices
    In the search bar type "English"
    Install the English (United States) Language Pack

    Thanks so much! Seemed so bizzare to me, but it worked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments