Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 crashing on start up

Anonymous
2023-08-30T07:41:56+00:00

Hello,

I tried launching MSFS 2020 today on my PC but it crashes at the loading screen every time, regardless of safe mode or normal.

My drivers are up to date and my microsoft/xbox sign in details are correct.

Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti
Driver version 537.13
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
31.89 GB RAM

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-14T00:15:46+00:00

    I had this issue for a long time. Tried everything including a whole other PC. When it was having the same problem I thought what do they have in common? The Xbox cloud. once I deleted the cloud storage it worked. Of coarse no one would figure this unless they had two pc. Heres the link I used. https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409228619538-How-to-delete-a-cloud-save-on-PC-to-fix-some-loading-issues-or-reset-the-logbook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T14:53:12+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T14:51:49+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-14T22:38:41+00:00

    i disabled the openrx tool kit and all is fine again..

    This solved it for me!
    I spent the past 4 days trying to get my game to work and pretty much tried every other option I found on the forms, even a clean reinstall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T09:37:38+00:00

    unfortunately have installed both English United States and UK but still getting the same crash... this is so annoying

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments