Here is the solution that worked for me. In my case, my user account with admin privileges could not access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.
I noticed that TrustedInstaller was the owner of the directory, so I took ownership. It solved several problems that I was having after installing numerous Windows updates that followed many months of only booting into my Linux partition.
An easy method to take ownership is as follows:
- Add Take Ownership to the context menu
first registry file in instruction: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/add-take-ownership-to-context-menu-in-windows-11.1230/ - Take ownership of WindowsApps directory:
Right click WindowsApps > show more options > Take Ownership (Took a minute)
Adding user permission alone might work. I don't know. I didn't try this. I'm not sure if there is a problem with this approach. TrustedInstalled still has permissions, and I am no longer having issues installing or removing applications through the Windows store or through installers.
If I run into problems in the future, I will address them here along with solutions if I find them.