Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?

Anonymous
2023-08-24T04:51:20+00:00

I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"

What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.

How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T15:04:48+00:00

    I had the same problem where I received warning msg telling me I need to turn on Core Isolation in Memory Integrity but it would not turn on bc of incorrect drivers but I did not have any incorrect drivers listed. I received this error after upgrading a Dell Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11, Version 23H2. But after I upgraded to Windows 11, Version 24H2 the problem went away. Core Isolation is turned on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T10:54:20+00:00

    I have a similar problem. In my case, the incompatible driver is listed. Something to do with Western Digital. But I do not have any Western Digital devices. All my drives are Seagate. I confirmed this looking through the Device Manager.

    How can I find out what device is using the driver? Alternatively, how can I delete it? The System folder refuses to let me delete or rename anything.

    Thanks for your help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T11:24:55+00:00

    I have a similar problem. In my case, the incompatible driver is listed. Something to do with Western Digital. But I do not have any Western Digital devices. All my drives are Seagate. I confirmed this looking through the Device Manager.

    How can I find out what device is using the driver? Alternatively, how can I delete it? The System folder refuses to let me delete or rename anything.

    Thanks for your help

    Hi,

    Please use one of these apps to delete the incompatible driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T02:18:43+00:00

    to then remove the driver(s) click on the driver in the list and a drop down will gice you the filename of the .inf file which contains installation instructions. Stick that in the following command and execute from an admin window.

    pnputil /delete-driver oemxx.inf /uninstall force /reboot]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-31T12:51:27+00:00

    I have a similar issue. I get messages that XXXXdriver cannot load. I followed the instructions to turn of Memory integrity but it is already turned off. I checked device manager and found no yellow exclamation points.

    I am not sure what to do at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments