Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?

Anonymous
2023-08-24T04:51:20+00:00

I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"

What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.

How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T18:33:55+00:00

    how do i find out which drivers are incompatible??

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-02T00:42:34+00:00

    Its because The "Secure Memory Setting" BIOS setting for for Virtualization is SET TO OFF.

    The Fix:

    "Turn That BIOS setting back ON"

    Notice the Registry Settings that were modified by the PowerShell Script in the above solution..
    "that are all settings for Virtualization"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T01:17:09+00:00

    There is no list of drivers here. No flags on anything in device manager.

    Next suggestion please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T13:23:10+00:00

    "it's for an old thumb drive I'm using"

    Absolutely brilliant.

    This solved mine too.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T13:13:43+00:00

    On my PC that has a Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard, the BIOS/UEFI has to have CSM disabled before Windows can activate Core Protection / Memory Integrity. (nb. if you ever want to boot from a "legacy" system disk that isn't formatted to be "UEFI compatible", then CSM needs to be enabled). The Windows error message about having incompatible drivers may be the most likely reason for Memory Integrity failing but it isn't the only reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments