They know about it now because I went through a whole thing with the technician. He took over my computer and concluded its probably a bug. He showed me where to complain and said a fix may be in an update some day. [I know]. But the guy at least got it. He said the fact that Windows Defender was working was a good sign so wr can stop obsessing over it. That was my point. I got worried about a possible malware attack.
Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?
I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.
But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"
What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.
How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-11-16T01:14:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-11-20T08:27:36+00:00 Thank you VERY MUCH for suggesting ChatGPT, I was finally able to solve the issue but not by updates as my system was already up to date. ChatGPT gave me another solution which worked immediately after a few days of searching for a solution till I was completely desperate.
The solution was as follows:
Use PowerShell to enable Core Isolation. Open PowerShell with administrative privileges and run the following commands:
"Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard" -Name "EnableVirtualizationBasedSecurity" -Value 1
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity" -Name "Enabled" -Value 1"
FYI the first command gave me an error, but I did not need it anyway because I already had the Microsoft Virtualization feature enabled. (I already had core isolation active earlier and then I disabled it to install Huawei HiSuite to backup my Huawei phone and its drivers are not compatible with core isolation, but after I finished and tried to reenable core isolation it wouldn't no matter how hard I tried to remove all Huawei incompatible drivers)
I must inform you though that after applying this method, I am unable to disable the core isolation directly from the settings, it says now that this setting is managed by the administrator (I am the administrator though)
-
Anonymous
2023-11-24T14:57:14+00:00 This did not work for me. No incompatible drivers were found but still getting the error.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-17T10:28:31+00:00 It would be nice if you let us know which third party software to use
-
Anonymous
2024-02-20T13:05:30+00:00 Apparently not. Microsoft don't care.