Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?

Anonymous
2023-08-24T04:51:20+00:00

I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"

What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.

How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T19:30:04+00:00

    Hi Mark O'Connor 61 -- thanks for posting a solution! I see Driver Booster 11 has a free version and a pay version. The free version I tried identified and updated some drivers, but not all the ones Norton listed as needing updating. The pay version of Driver Booster 11 may address some of these. The identification, description, and naming of the drivers does not line up with the drivers listed in my computer. A computer hardware support tool from Dell offers driver updates too. Norton would do well to list more clearly the drivers they think need updating. Keeping the IDs ambiguous could be their way to promote their product and discourage our do-it-yourself attempts to locate and run updates ourselves. Good luck reconciling the various lists -- Windows, Norton, Driver Booster Free, Driver Booster Pay, Dell and others. Bottom line, driver updates are important; they should be freely and centrally available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T14:04:12+00:00

    After reading through many responses on this thread you'll see many people have the same issue and Microsoft does not have a solution other then to refer you to third-party tools. Through a ChatGPT query I found a list of the best free tools and used this tool:

    • Driver Booster 11

    It's free to download and use and does much more than find incompatible or out of date drivers. Anyway, I have the same issue that everyone on this thread talks about and this tool fixed it. Let it do it's thing and do a manual reboot at the end. After the reboot I was able to enable the Core Isolation security features including Memory Integrity (which I could not enable previously) and Kernel-mode Hardware enforced Stack Protection.

    Long story short, Driver Booster 11 fixed my incompatible driver problems and now all security features are properly enabled on my Windows 11 system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T13:13:43+00:00

    On my PC that has a Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard, the BIOS/UEFI has to have CSM disabled before Windows can activate Core Protection / Memory Integrity. (nb. if you ever want to boot from a "legacy" system disk that isn't formatted to be "UEFI compatible", then CSM needs to be enabled). The Windows error message about having incompatible drivers may be the most likely reason for Memory Integrity failing but it isn't the only reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T13:23:10+00:00

    "it's for an old thumb drive I'm using"

    Absolutely brilliant.

    This solved mine too.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments