Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?

Anonymous
2023-08-24T04:51:20+00:00

I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"

What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.

How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T08:13:15+00:00
    • It solved my issue you can check yours as I did not get any incompatible drivers in core isolation when I was trying to turn it on. It only showed a message saying that the memory integrity should be on.
    1. Restart Your Computer: Hold down the Shift key while clicking the Restart option.
    2. Choose Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> UEFI Firmware Settings.
    3. Click Restart.
    4. Access BIOS/UEFI: Once your computer restarts, enter the BIOS/UEFI setup.
    5. Now in the BIOS/UEFI settings - you enable/restore the default setting option from the given three options.
    6. Once your computer restarts, check if Memory Integrity can be enabled.
    7. Disabling Secure Boot can reduce the security of your system. It's recommended to re-enable it as soon as the issue is resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T16:05:19+00:00

    Hi Andrew, some of us are distracted and troubled when our security software tells us we have outdated drivers and how dangerous that is. They want to market a tool that locates and replaces these drivers. This comes across as a money-making venture rather than a true effort to keep us secure. Software updates are announced and provided timely and at no cost, but driver updates are not announced and come at a cost from a third party. To be fair, Windows and Dell do tell me about some driver updates, but other driver publishers aren't alerting us, let alone allowing us to locate, download, and run the updates. It's a two-tier system. Comments from other readers, driver publishers, security companies?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T15:51:22+00:00

    How do I turn off driver identification? I really know little about computers so I was a little shocked by your answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T13:24:32+00:00

    Third Party driver update software? Really? Do you have ANY idea, any at ALL, how many of those are scams? You may wish to rethink that answer. How to turn off the worthless Driver Verification nonsense would be MUCH more useful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-22T10:33:49+00:00

    Sir I am facing a serious issue since 2-3 months, whenever I am trying to shut down my laptop a pop up appears that task host manager and program manager preventing shut down, even though I have kept all my windows update, drivers, firmware and bios upto date there also I am facing this issue continuously need a proper trouble shoot please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments