Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?

Anonymous
2023-08-24T04:51:20+00:00

I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"

What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.

How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T21:35:16+00:00

    It has occurred to me that after a certain Microsoft update this problem started with not letting me sign on , blue screens etc. and I started noticing others had the same issue. I even had Del tech’s working on it. No help. Been so long I can’t remember what I did to correct the issue. For the longest time I just put my laptop into hibernation or sleep and I was able to get it going. Sorry I am not much help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T20:42:41+00:00

    Sir I am facing a serious issue since 2-3 months, whenever I am trying to shut down my laptop a pop up appears that task host manager and program manager preventing shut down, even though I have kept all my windows update, drivers, firmware and bios upto date there also I am facing this issue continuously need a proper trouble shoot please help.

    Did you sort this out?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T20:38:47+00:00

    That's how Skynet started :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T22:50:47+00:00

    If the incompatible drivers are 2 Samsung drivers- check the date they were put on your computer. Next go to your folder menu and go to and open "PC" then "windows" then "security" then "logs" Look for "sceupgrade" which is a text file. Check to see if the date on that matches the date on the Samsung drivers.

    If it does- read the file. It shows that the Samsung drivers are not drivers. They are configuration engines.

    These engines made some critical changes to your computer ....including (not all were included- too many)

    _____________________________________________

    Administrative privileged user logged on.
    Parsing template C:\WINDOWS\inf\dwup-noregkeys.inf.
    ----Configuration engine was initialized successfully.----
    ----Reading Configuration Template info...

    ----Configure User Rights...
    SeImpersonatePrivilege must be assigned to administrators. This setting is adjusted.
    SeImpersonatePrivilege must be assigned to SERVICE. This setting is adjusted.
    ----Configure Group Membership...
    ----Configure 64-bit Registry Keys...

    ----Configure 32-bit Registry Keys...
    ----Configure File Security...

    ----Configure Security Policy...
    Configure password information.
    Administrator account is disabled.
    Guest account is disabled.

    Configuration of Registry Values was completed successfully.
    Configure log settings.
    ----Configure available attachment engines...

    ________________________________________________

    this section is from the pages of gibbrish from another log from the same event that had words in the command lines after they accessed:

          \ W I N D O W S \ S e c u r i t y \ D a t a b a s e \ s e c e d i t . s d b 
    

    ______________________________________________________________________________

    **** i g n p r i m a r y t o k e n p r i v i l e g e

    a u d i t p r i v i l e g e

    b a t c h l o g o n r i g h t

    c h a n g e n o t i f y p r i v i l e g e

    c r e a t e g l o b a l p r i v i l e g e

    c r e a t e s y m b o l i c l i n k p r i v i l e g e

    i m p e r s o n a t e p r i v i l e g e

    i n c r e a s e b a s e p r i o r i t y p r i v i l e g e

    i n c r e a s e q u o t a p r i v i l e g e

    i n c r e a s e w o r k i n g s e t p r i v i l e g e

    m a n a g e v o l u m e p r i v i l e g e

    r e m o t e i n t e r a c t i v e l o g o n r i g h t

    s y s t e m p r o f i l e p r i v i l e g e

    s y s t e m t i m e p r i v i l e g e

    t i m e z o n e p r i v i l e g e

    u n d o c k p r i v i l e g e

    s e r v i c e l o g o n r i g h t

    __________________________________________________________________
    Long story short - your computer has been hacked and they now control it. You can't regain control because they disabled your access and the guest access. And password protected that change.

    You can test if you have control by trying to open the "recovery" file

    It doesn't matter if you remove the driver because their task was already completed. Removing them wond undo what they did.

    Know that while it says it's Samsung drivers- I don't think they are from samsung. They wouldn't risk the bad press of doing something like this.

    I have no clue what to do about this. How to regain control of my computer. I didn't download those drivers. I dont have a samsung phone. I'm hoping microsoft realizes they have a big security breach and do something.

    Hope this helps some people .

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-22T06:32:24+00:00

    Can we able to automate above process or through command line can we able to list that drivers or device with a yellow exclamation mark ?
    if you mention some tools name, it is very help full.

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any further updates. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments