Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?

Anonymous
2023-08-24T04:51:20+00:00

I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"

What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.

How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-27T02:31:28+00:00

    Hi

    Thanks for your reply.

    It seems like you have a lot of interest in driver compatibility issues, maybe I don't have a better idea.

    I recommend you publishing on Microsoft Learn, you can click on "Ask a question", there are experts who can provide more professional solutions in that place.

    Here is a link to the forum where you can raise specific scenarios and share your idea to help solve the problem. I won't be able to help you, but I'll leave that question open in case one of our amazing volunteers has ideas for you.

    Best regards

    Derrick Qian | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T07:40:55+00:00

    Hello Derrick -

    Thank you for the very clear instructions.

    I did Steps 1-3 with no luck. No yellow exclamation marks or other yellow marks on any items. I ran through it twice, once going down and then going back up, expanding each category. Some had very large expanded categories.

    My computer is a Dell laptop, and I have the Dell Support Assist which runs a check for, among other things, drivers that have problems or need updating. Nothing showed with that either.

    Can you suggest any additional steps I could take? I am concerned about any potential vulnerability in my system.

    I am somewhat obsessive about updating which is one reason I was so puzzled about the issue with Memory Integrity.

    Thank you,

    Jon

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T05:17:28+00:00

    Hi

    Welcome to Microsoft community.

    To identify incompatible drivers that are preventing you from turning on Memory Integrity in Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

    1. Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and select "Device Manager" from the menu that appears.
    2. In the Device Manager window, expand each category by clicking on the arrow next to it.
    3. Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark icon indicating a problem or incompatible driver.
    4. Right-click on the device with the exclamation mark and select "Update driver" to try updating the driver automatically. If that doesn't work, you can select "Properties" and then go to the "Driver" tab to manually update the driver or uninstall it.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all categories in the Device Manager.
    6. Restart your computer after updating or uninstalling any incompatible drivers.
    7. Once you have resolved all incompatible drivers, try turning on Memory Integrity again by going to Settings > Windows Security > Device Security > Core isolation > Memory Integrity.

    If you are unable to find any incompatible drivers using the Device Manager, you can also try using third-party driver update software to scan your system for outdated or incompatible drivers. These tools can often provide more comprehensive information about driver compatibility and help you update them accordingly.

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any further updates. Thanks.

    Best regards

    Derrick Qian | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments