Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?

Anonymous
2023-08-24T04:51:20+00:00

I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"

What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.

How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T13:24:32+00:00

    Third Party driver update software? Really? Do you have ANY idea, any at ALL, how many of those are scams? You may wish to rethink that answer. How to turn off the worthless Driver Verification nonsense would be MUCH more useful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T13:13:43+00:00

    On my PC that has a Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard, the BIOS/UEFI has to have CSM disabled before Windows can activate Core Protection / Memory Integrity. (nb. if you ever want to boot from a "legacy" system disk that isn't formatted to be "UEFI compatible", then CSM needs to be enabled). The Windows error message about having incompatible drivers may be the most likely reason for Memory Integrity failing but it isn't the only reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T14:04:12+00:00

    After reading through many responses on this thread you'll see many people have the same issue and Microsoft does not have a solution other then to refer you to third-party tools. Through a ChatGPT query I found a list of the best free tools and used this tool:

    • Driver Booster 11

    It's free to download and use and does much more than find incompatible or out of date drivers. Anyway, I have the same issue that everyone on this thread talks about and this tool fixed it. Let it do it's thing and do a manual reboot at the end. After the reboot I was able to enable the Core Isolation security features including Memory Integrity (which I could not enable previously) and Kernel-mode Hardware enforced Stack Protection.

    Long story short, Driver Booster 11 fixed my incompatible driver problems and now all security features are properly enabled on my Windows 11 system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T18:33:55+00:00

    how do i find out which drivers are incompatible??

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T13:05:30+00:00

    Apparently not. Microsoft don't care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments