Windows 11. How can I identify incompatible drivers so I can turn on Memory Integrity?

Anonymous
2023-08-24T04:51:20+00:00

I have tried to turn on Memory Integrity. Nothing happens when I push the "on" button. I push "Scan Again". I get a popup that says Memory Integrity cannot be turned on and I should resolve an incompatible drivers. I push the button "Remove incompatible drivers" and it takes me to a page "Incompatible drivers" that says resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

But no drivers are listed in the blank space. Only another prompt to Learn how to resolve problems with incompatible drivers, and when I push this it takes me to another page "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory Integrity?"

What I need is to find out what drivers are incompatible so I can start the process to resolve the issue.

How do I find out which drivers are incompatible?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T08:27:36+00:00

    Thank you VERY MUCH for suggesting ChatGPT, I was finally able to solve the issue but not by updates as my system was already up to date. ChatGPT gave me another solution which worked immediately after a few days of searching for a solution till I was completely desperate.

    The solution was as follows:

    Use PowerShell to enable Core Isolation. Open PowerShell with administrative privileges and run the following commands:

    "Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

    Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard" -Name "EnableVirtualizationBasedSecurity" -Value 1

    Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity" -Name "Enabled" -Value 1"

    FYI the first command gave me an error, but I did not need it anyway because I already had the Microsoft Virtualization feature enabled. (I already had core isolation active earlier and then I disabled it to install Huawei HiSuite to backup my Huawei phone and its drivers are not compatible with core isolation, but after I finished and tried to reenable core isolation it wouldn't no matter how hard I tried to remove all Huawei incompatible drivers)

    I must inform you though that after applying this method, I am unable to disable the core isolation directly from the settings, it says now that this setting is managed by the administrator (I am the administrator though)

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-27T02:31:28+00:00

    Hi

    Thanks for your reply.

    It seems like you have a lot of interest in driver compatibility issues, maybe I don't have a better idea.

    I recommend you publishing on Microsoft Learn, you can click on "Ask a question", there are experts who can provide more professional solutions in that place.

    Here is a link to the forum where you can raise specific scenarios and share your idea to help solve the problem. I won't be able to help you, but I'll leave that question open in case one of our amazing volunteers has ideas for you.

    Best regards

    Derrick Qian | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-24T14:57:14+00:00

    This did not work for me. No incompatible drivers were found but still getting the error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T01:17:09+00:00

    There is no list of drivers here. No flags on anything in device manager.

    Next suggestion please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-17T10:28:31+00:00

    It would be nice if you let us know which third party software to use

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments