Random Restarts When Idle

Anonymous
2023-08-19T11:34:19+00:00

My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-20T06:25:01+00:00

    Please ensure Driver Verifier is now disabled,

    Driver Verifier indicates that it is the device driver on your Nvidia graphics card that is causing the system to crash

    Completely remove the current Nvidia device driver using the widely available free DDU utility, then restart your PC and go to the support page for your PC on the manufacturer's website to download and install their recommended version of the Nvidia device driver.

    A slightly older version of that driver is more stable than the latest version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-20T11:17:20+00:00

    Thank you! Doing this now - I use this PC for gaming. Is it not recommended to use GeForce Experience to keep drivers updated?

    Will let you know if this fixed worked. Thank you again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-20T11:23:43+00:00

    Glad to help, hopefully a slightly older version of the driver resolves this for you the latest drivers from Nvidia Experience can be unstable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-20T22:09:01+00:00

    Thank you again! So far no reboot. However, I've noticed that I'm unable to wake my PC from sleep with my keyboard or mouse, I have to push the power button to wake it - is this a related issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-20T23:55:16+00:00

    Unfortunately it crashed again after waking from sleep :(

    I have uploaded the dmp file:

    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments