Random Restarts When Idle

Anonymous
2023-08-19T11:34:19+00:00

My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-21T10:40:25+00:00

    I recently had a PC repair shop scan for RAM issues, they said all the memory was okay! My latest crash was due to a "HYPERVISOR_ERROR", so now I'm looking into that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-21T06:24:17+00:00

    There is nothing specific listed in that new minidump file, just RAM corruption.

    The best option now is to download the widely available free utility MemTest86, then run a full 4 pass scan with that to test your RAM for physical errors

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-20T23:55:16+00:00

    Unfortunately it crashed again after waking from sleep :(

    I have uploaded the dmp file:

    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-20T22:09:01+00:00

    Thank you again! So far no reboot. However, I've noticed that I'm unable to wake my PC from sleep with my keyboard or mouse, I have to push the power button to wake it - is this a related issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-20T11:23:43+00:00

    Glad to help, hopefully a slightly older version of the driver resolves this for you the latest drivers from Nvidia Experience can be unstable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments