Okay it's value was 3 and I changed it to 4 - will let you know! Thank you again!
Random Restarts When Idle
My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files.
Assistance would be greatly appreciated!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-08-23T10:12:22+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-08-23T06:26:09+00:00 That new minidump file also lists a river associated to the AMD Processor.
Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
Click View and make sure 'Address Bar' is turned on.
Paste this into the Address Bar at the top and hit Enter.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdppm
In the right hand pane, nots down the value of Start
Then double click Start, set its Data Value to 4 and click OK
Restart (not shut down) your PC to apply that change and wait to see if it is stable
-
Anonymous
2023-08-23T03:15:40+00:00 The Mem test showed no errors :(
-
Anonymous
2023-08-22T21:41:30+00:00 It crashed again, here is the dmp file:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57
I am downloading and running the Mem test now. Will it reboot the system on its own or is it something I have to exit myself?
-
Anonymous
2023-08-22T11:22:59+00:00 Will do! Thanks so much!