Random Restarts When Idle

Anonymous
2023-08-19T11:34:19+00:00

My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T12:40:24+00:00

    "...then installed all drivers"

    Okay how can I ensure I've done all this correctly? When I look at that dmp file using WhoCrashed, it talks about a potential driver error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-23T12:33:46+00:00

    If the system crashes have survived a clean install of Windows from a bootable USB and you have then installed all drivers, then that would indicate some faulty hardware or a hardware conflict, BSOD's should not survive re-installing Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T12:31:31+00:00

    I have done this multiple times :( at least 3 times. Do you think I need to replace the motherboard or something? I'm getting kind of desperate at this point lol. I just find it weird that it only reboots when it's idle - if I'm gaming or browsing the web, it's totally fine. But I can leave it running and go run an errand, and when I get back, it's at the login screen because it's rebooted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-23T12:21:05+00:00

    If MemTest86 did not produce errors, your RAM is okay and does not need to be replaced.

    It may be time to consider clean installing Windows to rule out system corruption.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T12:15:14+00:00

    Ah okay, shoot. Well I ran this (https://www.memtest86.com/) yesterday, it took roughly 5 hours and it returned no errors.

    Should I just go buy 4 sticks of new RAM?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments