Okay I have updated the Google drive link with the new crash files. It crashed 3 times but only made 2 new files - I'm assuming one was overwritten?
Random Restarts When Idle
My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files.
Assistance would be greatly appreciated!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-08-19T23:48:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-08-19T23:19:10+00:00 Thank you! Enabled the driver verifier and just restarted. Waiting to crash now.
-
DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-08-19T13:04:18+00:00 Your minidump files just indicates generic memory (RAM) corruption no specific driver is listed
To try to force Windows 11 show any faulting drivers, the best option would be to turn on Driver Verifier, let your PC crash 3 times, then you must turn off Driver Verifier, and finally, upload any newly created minidump files
Before you run Driver Verifier, please create a new System Restore Point
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Note, if you have any difficulty getting into Windows with Driver Verifier enabled:
Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down
Do this twice
On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart
Upon restart, press 4 to enter Safe Mode
Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run these two commands, then restart your PC.
verifier /reset
verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail
-
Anonymous
2023-08-19T12:46:52+00:00 Apologies! They should be shared now - here is the link if you need it again: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=sharing
Thank you so much in advance for helping me!
-
DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-08-19T12:06:07+00:00 Hi Patrick,
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
I tried to download your minidump files, but they are not shared, please try sharing them again, also I sent a share request on Google Drive, that may be in your Email.
Please let me know here when they ae shared.