Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer

Anonymous
2023-08-22T00:25:46+00:00

There is an update in the Windows Update queue (Canon Printer 3.50.2.60) that repeatedly fails to install ( error 0x800f020b). I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and failing, this install.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T18:48:58+00:00

    Simple, easy, 100% working :) Thanks a lot!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T15:44:34+00:00

    Yes - remove both the driver and package.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T12:38:27+00:00

    Simple, intuitive, and effective. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T12:37:29+00:00

    I absolutely agree with you. I've Never had a Canon on my Laptop, but the Laptop had a Canon App on it. I uninstalled the Canon App, restarted my laptop and the update still shows Canon update failed. Retry. You can't easily hide it either.

    MICROSOFT NEEDS TO FIX THIS ISSUE! NOT US, THE USERS!

    I don't know why they're so worried about removing the "troubleshooters" and not this easy fix for MICROSOFT to do!??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T18:02:02+00:00

    From an admin command prompt, run printui /s /t2 to open the print server drivers. Uninstall anything you don't need from there. That should fix the issue.

    If it doesn't, you can also download and run DriverStoreExplorer to remove any other remaining drivers in the windows driver store.

    Worked for me also. I have been trying for a long time to delete that Canon printer driver and am surprised at the simple solution. Well done!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments