Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer

Anonymous
2023-08-22T00:25:46+00:00

There is an update in the Windows Update queue (Canon Printer 3.50.2.60) that repeatedly fails to install ( error 0x800f020b). I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and failing, this install.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T03:11:10+00:00

    I'm replying to myself in case anyone has my issue, I found another thread talking about Registry.

    Here's what they said:

    "I've seen issues where uninstalling a printer's software doesn't always do it cleanly, can leave entries in the Registry, have had it happen when I went from an OfficeJet 8021 to an OfficeJet 9015, I just ignore the chance to update the older drivers until I get a chance to clean the Registry by removing all references to them"

    I went into the Registry Editor app and deleted anything mentioning the printer and now it's gone!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T14:27:05+00:00

    This worked for me! Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T16:06:04+00:00

    This was removed for the "Run" command but it is still in the update que. :(

    Didn't work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T16:15:01+00:00

    Hey, this worked! Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T18:52:37+00:00

    Good job! it worked for me. thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments