Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer

Anonymous
2023-08-22T00:25:46+00:00

There is an update in the Windows Update queue (Canon Printer 3.50.2.60) that repeatedly fails to install ( error 0x800f020b). I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and failing, this install.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T21:02:11+00:00

    Thank you, this worked like a charm! Thank you again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T03:09:47+00:00

    Superstar thank you! I've been looking everywhere

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T14:38:37+00:00

    From an admin command prompt, run printui /s /t2 to open the print server drivers. Uninstall anything you don't need from there. That should fix the issue.

    Thank you very much. This problem has been tormenting me for more than a year.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-25T05:32:39+00:00

    I had the exact same problem and this resolved it.

    Thank you :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T02:57:34+00:00

    Please help! I've tried your advice and it looks like it's working for everyone... but me.

    The only thing I can think of, is that I started by uninstalling all of the Canon drivers from the apps.

    I don't see anything about Canon in the printui /s /t2.

    The only place I see Canon is under settings under windows update.

    Please let me know if you have another solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments