Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer

Anonymous
2023-08-22T00:25:46+00:00

There is an update in the Windows Update queue (Canon Printer 3.50.2.60) that repeatedly fails to install ( error 0x800f020b). I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and failing, this install.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. John DeV 170.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-22T04:00:49+00:00

    Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    Note: It is always recommended to download and install drivers from the manufacturer's Support page. If you're not experiencing any hardware issues, there's no need to install this printer driver update.

    Please try using the “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the driver updates. Window Update won’t install hidden drivers or updates. Run the troubleshooter then please try hiding the printer driver update that will show in the list. You may try restarting your pc if it helps.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F2...

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-26T13:44:36+00:00

    From an admin command prompt, run printui /s /t2 to open the print server drivers. Uninstall anything you don't need from there. That should fix the issue.

    If it doesn't, you can also download and run DriverStoreExplorer to remove any other remaining drivers in the windows driver store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    300+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-28T22:06:17+00:00

    Thank you

    This worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-29T22:44:17+00:00

    HELLO V. Stanciu, UNFORTUNATELY YUR SUGGESTION DID'T WORK FOR ME; MY WIN 11 WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO REMOVE ANY OF THE MICROSOFT PRINTERS LISTED, CLAIMING THEY WERE IN USE. I'M NOT TRYING TO PRINT ANYTHING SO HOW COULD THEY BE IN USE. I WAS ABLE TO REMMOVE THE CANON PRINTER DRIVER, BUT I HAD AN OPTION TO DELETE JUST THE CANON PRINTER OR BOTH THE CANON PRINTER & THE PRINTER PACKAGES. SINCE YOU DIDN'T SPECIFY WHICH, I JUST REMOVED THE PRINTER AND RESTARTED COMPUTER, WENT BACK TO THE UPDATE SETION AND IT WAS STILL THERE...AARRRGGGHHH; SHOULD I HAVE INCLUDED THE PACKAGE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-09T13:48:23+00:00

    Thanks Buddy! Many Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments