Wow, this was so simple, after many hours of researching the web trying to fix this issue through all sort of maneuvers. I can breathe again.
Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer
There is an update in the Windows Update queue (Canon Printer 3.50.2.60) that repeatedly fails to install ( error 0x800f020b). I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and failing, this install.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-09-19T13:28:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-09-14T23:43:17+00:00 I used your suggestion to run printui /s /t2. I also ran the troubleshooter utility ((wushowhide.diagcab). Following restart, the Canon driver was still in the Windows Update queue. So, I uninstalled an older version Canon camera program. Once i did that, I ran Windows Update again and the error was gone. Thanks for your assistance!
-
Anonymous
2023-09-09T13:48:23+00:00 Thanks Buddy! Many Thanks!
-
Anonymous
2023-08-29T22:44:17+00:00 HELLO V. Stanciu, UNFORTUNATELY YUR SUGGESTION DID'T WORK FOR ME; MY WIN 11 WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO REMOVE ANY OF THE MICROSOFT PRINTERS LISTED, CLAIMING THEY WERE IN USE. I'M NOT TRYING TO PRINT ANYTHING SO HOW COULD THEY BE IN USE. I WAS ABLE TO REMMOVE THE CANON PRINTER DRIVER, BUT I HAD AN OPTION TO DELETE JUST THE CANON PRINTER OR BOTH THE CANON PRINTER & THE PRINTER PACKAGES. SINCE YOU DIDN'T SPECIFY WHICH, I JUST REMOVED THE PRINTER AND RESTARTED COMPUTER, WENT BACK TO THE UPDATE SETION AND IT WAS STILL THERE...AARRRGGGHHH; SHOULD I HAVE INCLUDED THE PACKAGE?
-
Anonymous
2023-08-28T22:06:17+00:00 Thank you
This worked