This worked for me! Thank you!
Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer
There is an update in the Windows Update queue (Canon Printer 3.50.2.60) that repeatedly fails to install ( error 0x800f020b). I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and failing, this install.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-12-19T14:27:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-12-12T03:11:10+00:00 I'm replying to myself in case anyone has my issue, I found another thread talking about Registry.
Here's what they said:
"I've seen issues where uninstalling a printer's software doesn't always do it cleanly, can leave entries in the Registry, have had it happen when I went from an OfficeJet 8021 to an OfficeJet 9015, I just ignore the chance to update the older drivers until I get a chance to clean the Registry by removing all references to them"
I went into the Registry Editor app and deleted anything mentioning the printer and now it's gone!!
-
Anonymous
2023-12-12T02:57:34+00:00 Please help! I've tried your advice and it looks like it's working for everyone... but me.
The only thing I can think of, is that I started by uninstalling all of the Canon drivers from the apps.
I don't see anything about Canon in the printui /s /t2.
The only place I see Canon is under settings under windows update.
Please let me know if you have another solution!
-
Anonymous
2023-11-25T05:32:39+00:00 I had the exact same problem and this resolved it.
Thank you :-)
-
Anonymous
2023-11-16T14:38:37+00:00 From an admin command prompt, run printui /s /t2 to open the print server drivers. Uninstall anything you don't need from there. That should fix the issue.
Thank you very much. This problem has been tormenting me for more than a year.