Thank you so much this was super helpful!
Queued Canon Printer Update fails install-Do not have Canon Printer
There is an update in the Windows Update queue (Canon Printer 3.50.2.60) that repeatedly fails to install ( error 0x800f020b). I DO NOT HAVE A CANON PRINTER! How can I remove this update from the queue? WIN Update is bogging down system performance by repeatedly trying, and failing, this install.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-08-09T19:58:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-13T19:59:56+00:00 I used the posted solution printui /s /t2 and was able to remove the annoying canon driver that I have been trying to remove for months. I find it amazing that after months of research on the Internet trying solution after solution that this one finally worked for me.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-10T03:00:47+00:00 This is insaine nothing has helped the same issues everyone else has.
Win 10 will not update due to cannon and all cannon been deleted.
Lost and no solution that I can find anywhere online.
I tried every options found here and even ran rogue killer to try remove anything concerning cannon
NO LUCK this computer will not update
PLEASE ANYONE AVAILABLE TO HELP JULY 9TH 2024
-
Anonymous
2024-07-07T18:02:02+00:00 From an admin command prompt, run printui /s /t2 to open the print server drivers. Uninstall anything you don't need from there. That should fix the issue.
If it doesn't, you can also download and run DriverStoreExplorer to remove any other remaining drivers in the windows driver store.
Worked for me also. I have been trying for a long time to delete that Canon printer driver and am surprised at the simple solution. Well done!
-
Anonymous
2024-06-10T12:37:29+00:00 I absolutely agree with you. I've Never had a Canon on my Laptop, but the Laptop had a Canon App on it. I uninstalled the Canon App, restarted my laptop and the update still shows Canon update failed. Retry. You can't easily hide it either.
MICROSOFT NEEDS TO FIX THIS ISSUE! NOT US, THE USERS!
I don't know why they're so worried about removing the "troubleshooters" and not this easy fix for MICROSOFT to do!??