I had the same problem. I ran a gpu benchmark program and realized as soon as there is some load on gpu -doesnt have to be high temp just enough to spin the fans- the computer restarts. 5700 xt by the way. And then unplugged the power connections for gpu but when plugging in back first plugged the ground, the separate two pin connection. It solved the problem. I have also used memtest86 to test the ram, check it out.
PC restarts randomly with no BSOD
My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however.
Today, my PC was consistently restarting around 2-3 minutes after booting up and arriving to desktop. I reinstalled windows ("dirty" install) and the frequency dropped but it's still happening randomly.
It mostly happens with games, like halfway into a MW2 Multiplayer or CSGO match or in the Starfield menu (but Starfield has been having such issues anyway). However, this is not exclusive and the PC does restart at any point when not in game, although it does take significantly longer to do so when I'm just browsing or doing anything other than playing.
I thought reinstalling Windows 10 would fix it but well, it didn't. There are a few different errors in the event log that are causing the "kernel" event that basically means the PC was restarted but not in the proper way, but we already know that.
Need help, people. I'll provide anything I can to help.
MSI 6600XT
Ryzen 5 5600
Asrock B450M
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3000 mhz
Corsair VS450
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2025-03-10T08:26:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-03-11T11:40:20+00:00 I found that the water block of my AIO cooler was installed too tightly. Removing it solved my problems.
So, it seems that the power transferred from the PSU to the CPU was disrupted.
The AIO is not broken, just improperly installed.
-
Anonymous
2025-03-22T04:20:23+00:00 This might be related to your specs, I have almost identical specs and have had this issue across multiple windows installs on this pc.
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
AMD Radeon RX 6600
Asrock B450M Steel Legend
Corsair Vengeance 2x16 DDR4 3200mhz -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more