I have the same problem did you fix it if so please tell me how Thanks
PC restarts randomly with no BSOD
My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however.
Today, my PC was consistently restarting around 2-3 minutes after booting up and arriving to desktop. I reinstalled windows ("dirty" install) and the frequency dropped but it's still happening randomly.
It mostly happens with games, like halfway into a MW2 Multiplayer or CSGO match or in the Starfield menu (but Starfield has been having such issues anyway). However, this is not exclusive and the PC does restart at any point when not in game, although it does take significantly longer to do so when I'm just browsing or doing anything other than playing.
I thought reinstalling Windows 10 would fix it but well, it didn't. There are a few different errors in the event log that are causing the "kernel" event that basically means the PC was restarted but not in the proper way, but we already know that.
Need help, people. I'll provide anything I can to help.
MSI 6600XT
Ryzen 5 5600
Asrock B450M
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3000 mhz
Corsair VS450
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-08-13T23:56:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-08-16T03:46:43+00:00 Same problem here! I just got my 3090 back from RMA. My pc just shut off one day mid gaming and wouldn't power back up, turns out the card was bad. I replaced it with the RMA'd card that asus sent me, updated my bios, updated all drivers. PC will reboot randomly. I could be reading emails doing nothing and BOOM 2 reboots back to back. I could game for 5 or 6 hours just fine and BOOM reboot outta nowhere, no errors, no nothing. Sometimes i can game all night no problem no reboots or anything. Its very inconsistent and its like someone pressed the reset button flat out. I'm contemplating formatting? this seems driver related. my temps are always monitored while my PC is on they are always in the 40-high 60c range depending on what I'm doing. under load, mid to high 60's. surfing the internet im chillan at like 40c-50c my build is as follows.
MB: ASUS ROG X570-E Gaming
Ram:32gb Corsair Vengeance @ 3600 mhz
SSD: 2tb WD Black m.2
GPU: Asus ROG 3090 OC 24g Vram
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
PSU: EVGA supernova 1200 watt platinum certified.
Thanks for the help!
-
Anonymous
2024-08-17T14:03:56+00:00 Hi, I am having the same issue with my PC, it restarts randomly while I'm not even doing anything. I am sharing the Link of the google drive where you can find the Memory.dmp file and Event viewer log as well. Please help me to find a solution for this
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Qjv6shWZNjJ-IarU257_rfZHS2nxAOVL?usp=sharing
-
Anonymous
2024-08-23T14:38:44+00:00 Hi, so it has been happening quite frequently as well with my system too, at random, it will just restart, it's also real funny to witness as restart takes around 5 seconds, but it can be quite annoying especially when I am doing productivity work, as a countermeasure I've had to save my work every 5-10 minutes which is quite annoying, not to mention the unnerving feeling that it can happen at any second. Anyhow, here's the link for my Application and System files from the Event Viewer, if there is anything else I can provide to assist in finding the problem do let me know.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-30T22:23:14+00:00 There are so many reasons that can cause crashes and the logs will never fully explain what the cause is. I've done enough research to discover a setting deep in the bios that is on by default and can cause system restarts. The feature called fast boot can and will cause issue. It is recommended to disable this feature. Considering the advice to reset all settings to default conflict with this concept. in conclusion ive been explained that the system shutdown can be faulty hardware or software with no definitive way to identify the problem.