I'm glad your problem has been found, unfortunately for me, it does not apply to me because I've tried this with another Case, and it still happened.
PC restarts randomly with no BSOD
My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however.
Today, my PC was consistently restarting around 2-3 minutes after booting up and arriving to desktop. I reinstalled windows ("dirty" install) and the frequency dropped but it's still happening randomly.
It mostly happens with games, like halfway into a MW2 Multiplayer or CSGO match or in the Starfield menu (but Starfield has been having such issues anyway). However, this is not exclusive and the PC does restart at any point when not in game, although it does take significantly longer to do so when I'm just browsing or doing anything other than playing.
I thought reinstalling Windows 10 would fix it but well, it didn't. There are a few different errors in the event log that are causing the "kernel" event that basically means the PC was restarted but not in the proper way, but we already know that.
Need help, people. I'll provide anything I can to help.
MSI 6600XT
Ryzen 5 5600
Asrock B450M
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3000 mhz
Corsair VS450
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-02T17:54:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-07T02:07:47+00:00 yo having the same issue , recently my pc can run normally for the most part but whenever a new app or game is used there is the probability it will crash , for the most part it crashes when i close a game
my temp is very high which i thought was the issue ( just by using my browser + discord it keeps around 55c, whenver its a game it can be from 60 all the way up to 71)my country is facing a heat wave so i thought that was just normal at this point
i made a copy of my dmp files as a post suggested and didnt know if anyone knew how anything about them any info that could help
dmp -
Anonymous
2024-07-18T19:15:06+00:00 Good day Dyari. I am facing this same issue on Windows 11. I have tried fixing via windows update as well as running the troubleshooter. I have also done a reset of the PC (saved my settings and files).
I am at my wits end. This is causing me to lose work since my Excel files don't get saved and it randomly reboots.
Can I please get you to assist me with this? I would really appreciate it.