hey sorry for the late reply, never got any notification. Disabling RAM XMP helped reduce my restarts. im thinking its my power supply... but i cant swap it as of now. if you already solved it int the meantime, please enlighten me.
PC restarts randomly with no BSOD
My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however.
Today, my PC was consistently restarting around 2-3 minutes after booting up and arriving to desktop. I reinstalled windows ("dirty" install) and the frequency dropped but it's still happening randomly.
It mostly happens with games, like halfway into a MW2 Multiplayer or CSGO match or in the Starfield menu (but Starfield has been having such issues anyway). However, this is not exclusive and the PC does restart at any point when not in game, although it does take significantly longer to do so when I'm just browsing or doing anything other than playing.
I thought reinstalling Windows 10 would fix it but well, it didn't. There are a few different errors in the event log that are causing the "kernel" event that basically means the PC was restarted but not in the proper way, but we already know that.
Need help, people. I'll provide anything I can to help.
MSI 6600XT
Ryzen 5 5600
Asrock B450M
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3000 mhz
Corsair VS450
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-05-07T18:58:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-05-08T08:05:17+00:00 For me the problem was disabled Virtualisation of the processor from bios. Click device manager, processor and check if it’s Enabled. If it’s not enter your bios and look for SVM and enable that. I also changed power supply but that didn’t fixed the issues, after I enabled the virtualisation I have had 0 random reboots. Hope that helps someone.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-12T22:40:15+00:00 Hi Anmol_406,
I'm Dyari. Thanks for reaching out. I will be happy to assist you in this regard.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy any minidump files you find to your desktop. Afterward, share these files through OneDrive or Google Drive so we can analyze them and identify the specific file that's causing the crash.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...Also, check C:\Windows and share the MEMORY.DMP file.
If the folder is empty or the MEMORY.DMP is not available, kindly share the Event viewer logs:
https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/12/how-to...Regards,
____________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.I have the same problem this is my crash dump https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OkUcmcrvH58vjYCxjuHAbvauZvI0i-Mx/view?usp=sharing
-
Anonymous
2024-05-25T22:13:00+00:00 I have the exact issue that has been described on here. I checked my bios and found that my SVM was already enabled unfortunately. Anyone else find something relevant to this situation that would be helpful.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-02T05:36:53+00:00 This is happening to me when I play a specific game on Steam - Last Epoch.
I will be able to play for a couple hours then my PC will completely reboot itself mid game... and then continues to do so every time I try to re-enter the game. Virtualization was already enabled on my BIOS - not sure what needs to be done to fix this.