PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

Anonymous
2023-09-05T03:04:47+00:00

My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. 

Today, my PC was consistently restarting around 2-3 minutes after booting up and arriving to desktop. I reinstalled windows ("dirty" install) and the frequency dropped but it's still happening randomly.

It mostly happens with games, like halfway into a MW2 Multiplayer or CSGO match or in the Starfield menu (but Starfield has been having such issues anyway). However, this is not exclusive and the PC does restart at any point when not in game, although it does take significantly longer to do so when I'm just browsing or doing anything other than playing. 

I thought reinstalling Windows 10 would fix it but well, it didn't. There are a few different errors in the event log that are causing the "kernel" event that basically means the PC was restarted but not in the proper way, but we already know that. 

Need help, people. I'll provide anything I can to help. 

MSI 6600XT

Ryzen 5 5600

Asrock B450M

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3000 mhz

Corsair VS450

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-28T20:22:29+00:00

    I have the same Problem, and it just does even while being idle on desktop running nothing than OS.

    I've put the recent Mini dumb files in the link. Appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

    Minidumb

    Specs

    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor, 3701 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

    MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B86)

    Kingston 48,0 GB Ram (2x16 - 2x8)

    Radeon RX 5500 XT

    PSU 650W

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T00:46:25+00:00

    Hey OP. Not sure how to help you specifically, but I encountered a similar situation. I think that these 5000 series CPUs aren't receiving enough voltage when it enters a lower power state. I would recommend adjusting your curve optimizer if you have one or disabling ACPI sleep states. Ryzen 5000 CPUs are also sometimes unstable with RAM clocked at 3600mhz, so you could try bringing it down a bit.

    Idk if any of this will work for you, but it worked on my gf's machine who was having the same problem.

    Her specs are

    EVGA X570 FTW

    AMD Ryzen 5800x

    RTX 3070 Ti FE

    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 4x8 DDR4

    Corsair 850 watt gold (don't remember what type)

    Boot drive - samsung 970 EVO NVME 2 TB

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T19:26:33+00:00

    HI, this sounds like unstable CPU overclock ( low voltage ). try to run bios with default setting only enabling xmp.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T15:58:57+00:00

    Mine is random. It's happened while I was playing games, watching videos (streaming/youtube), and while just navigating folders or just general usage.

    I've ruled out a lot of things including a lot of hardware. I'm going to be checking one last thing with making sure the BIOS is up to date because I've read that can cause issues, but beyond that, I'm probably installing a new motherboard. By that point it will be a new computer.

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-02T05:36:53+00:00

    This is happening to me when I play a specific game on Steam - Last Epoch.

    I will be able to play for a couple hours then my PC will completely reboot itself mid game... and then continues to do so every time I try to re-enter the game. Virtualization was already enabled on my BIOS - not sure what needs to be done to fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments