I'm glad your problem has been found, unfortunately for me, it does not apply to me because I've tried this with another Case, and it still happened.
Sohrabzolfyi
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however.
Today, my PC was consistently restarting around 2-3 minutes after booting up and arriving to desktop. I reinstalled windows ("dirty" install) and the frequency dropped but it's still happening randomly.
It mostly happens with games, like halfway into a MW2 Multiplayer or CSGO match or in the Starfield menu (but Starfield has been having such issues anyway). However, this is not exclusive and the PC does restart at any point when not in game, although it does take significantly longer to do so when I'm just browsing or doing anything other than playing.
I thought reinstalling Windows 10 would fix it but well, it didn't. There are a few different errors in the event log that are causing the "kernel" event that basically means the PC was restarted but not in the proper way, but we already know that.
Need help, people. I'll provide anything I can to help.
MSI 6600XT
Ryzen 5 5600
Asrock B450M
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3000 mhz
Corsair VS450
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm glad your problem has been found, unfortunately for me, it does not apply to me because I've tried this with another Case, and it still happened.
Sohrabzolfyi
Hi I have the same problem it just restarts randomly there is Dump file in my folder...Will you be able to kindly look at it if not a problem...So maybe you could identify the problem?
I'm having the same problem. Mine starts last monday. It randomly for restarted 4 times.
here's my dmp file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ynss8oXriDzcRNd7Hcx0wQTEOFOcFiA2/view?usp=sharing
My pc's spec was:
Asus B450 Mortar Max
Ryzen 7
4 pcs 16gb G.Skill Trident Z ram
4060 ti 16b vram MSI Ge Force
650w Corsair Bronze PSU
My problem was the ram i had 32gb 4 8gb corsair vengence rgb i removed 2 and now is fine
There are so many reasons that can cause crashes and the logs will never fully explain what the cause is. I've done enough research to discover a setting deep in the bios that is on by default and can cause system restarts. The feature called fast boot can and will cause issue. It is recommended to disable this feature. Considering the advice to reset all settings to default conflict with this concept. in conclusion ive been explained that the system shutdown can be faulty hardware or software with no definitive way to identify the problem.