PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

Anonymous
2023-09-05T03:04:47+00:00

My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. 

Today, my PC was consistently restarting around 2-3 minutes after booting up and arriving to desktop. I reinstalled windows ("dirty" install) and the frequency dropped but it's still happening randomly.

It mostly happens with games, like halfway into a MW2 Multiplayer or CSGO match or in the Starfield menu (but Starfield has been having such issues anyway). However, this is not exclusive and the PC does restart at any point when not in game, although it does take significantly longer to do so when I'm just browsing or doing anything other than playing. 

I thought reinstalling Windows 10 would fix it but well, it didn't. There are a few different errors in the event log that are causing the "kernel" event that basically means the PC was restarted but not in the proper way, but we already know that. 

Need help, people. I'll provide anything I can to help. 

MSI 6600XT

Ryzen 5 5600

Asrock B450M

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3000 mhz

Corsair VS450

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-12T09:07:15+00:00

    Sometimes the cause is a faulty motherboard. It happened to me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-31T13:23:31+00:00

    I'm glad your problem has been found, unfortunately for me, it does not apply to me because I've tried this with another Case, and it still happened.

    Sohrabzolfyi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T11:23:28+00:00

    Hi I have the same problem it just restarts randomly there is Dump file in my folder...Will you be able to kindly look at it if not a problem...So maybe you could identify the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T10:54:14+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. Mine starts last monday. It randomly for restarted 4 times.

    here's my dmp file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ynss8oXriDzcRNd7Hcx0wQTEOFOcFiA2/view?usp=sharing
    My
     pc's spec was:

    Asus B450 Mortar Max
    Ryzen 7
    4 pcs 16gb G.Skill Trident Z ram
    4060 ti 16b vram MSI Ge Force
    650w Corsair Bronze PSU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T00:04:14+00:00

    My problem was the ram i had 32gb 4 8gb corsair vengence rgb i removed 2 and now is fine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments